Although I am not one of those women who adore pink “everything”, I still fancy cute pink drinks. This warm beet latte is a fabulous and beautifully vibrant way to start your day, if you are looking for alternatives for your daily cup of coffee. I am not a huge coffee drinker, I almost never drink more than two cups a day, but I try to limit my intake as much as possible. So when I saw all these pink lattes appearing in my Istafeed, I was immediately intrigued and had to try it out till I came up with this version completely adapted to my taste.
However this pink latte may not be for everyone. Beetroot does have a bit of an earthy taste, so honestly, you have to love beetroot juice if you want to like this latte.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 cup almond milk plus ½ cup extra for foaming
- 1/4 cup freshly pressed beet juice
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lucuma powder
- 1/2 tsp. maca powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Whisk all ingredients, except the extra ½ cup almond milk and the honey , until smooth.
- Transfer in a saucepan and heat it up . (Do not boil!)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Pour the remaining almond milk into a glass or cup and foam with your preferred method of foaming.
- Pour the beet latte in a glass or cup, and top with the foam.
- Enjoy immediately.